Be a Part of the Wonder.
What inspires you to give back whether it be through time, talent or with a donation?
- For Tammy, a mother of two, it’s supporting programs that bring the gifts of wonder, joy, and magic to young audiences across (and beyond) the city she loves.
- For Chris, a contractor firm project executive, it’s reliving his theatre days by getting to hang lights in the McColl Family Theatre.
- For Nichelle, an engaged community member, it’s providing the opportunity for all families in the community to experience / have access to live theatre.
- For Cookie, it’s the continued innovation and evolution of Children’s Theatre of Charlotte in her 41 years of service that keeps her engaged.
Find the fit that’s right for you by sharing your interests.
Multiply Your HappinessWhat could being a part of ENCORE! mean for you? Volunteers help in many areas across the Theatre from Production to Education to Development to Outreach. Take a look at some of the things ENCORE! volunteers had a hand in last season:
- Delivered 1,700 holiday gifts to approximately 500 children in need
- Got “Caked in the Face” to raise over $34,000 for the Theatre
- Prepared snack bags for children in outreach programs
- Checked-in students for their Conservatory auditions
- Supported the OnStage program with callbacks and costuming
The Legacy of ENCORE!
A volunteer legacy group was formed by ladies from the Junior League of Charlotte.
Children’s Theatre of Charlotte’s volunteers transitioned from constituting the entire organization to becoming an AUXILIARY.
The AUXILIARY adopts the name ENCORE! with Santa’s Bag and the Masque Ball becoming official fundraising events under its umbrella.
The Masque Ball becomes Celebrate!, an event commemorating the 65th anniversary of the Theatre.
Santa’s Bag celebrates 45 years of bringing the holiday spirit to the community.
ENCORE! helps coordinate our "Cake in the Face" fundraiser, and the Theatre far surpasses the goal for the event.