Our CommitmentWe are committed to listening, learning and working together to address racial injustice in our community. There is vital work to be done, and we’ve developed actionable next steps around our people, practices and programs. We welcome your thoughts and support through this process. We know change often isn’t easy and won’t come quickly but is necessary. We must move forward together. As storytellers in the community, we have a unique platform to foster conversation among our children, families and neighbors. We hope you will join us as we create this story of change. We are committed to:
- Reviewing and updating all hiring, recruiting and governing policies of staff, guest artists, actors, teaching artists, Board members and volunteers to ensure they are fair and equitable.
- Examining vendors and contracting with those that have anti-racism and/or anti-oppression policies and practices in place.
- Providing staff with Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) resources and additional training opportunities and making this learning and its implementation a part of employee expectations and evaluations.
- Finalizing an EDI statement with input from our staff and Board that will serve as a guidepost for all we do.
- Continuously examining our community and ensuring our staff and Board are reflective and representative of our diverse population.
- Continuing to develop culturally rich and dynamic programs on our stages, in our classes and within our community with a deepened/expanded collaborative network centering people of color.
Explore Our Education Programs...