Volunteer Usher Login
Online Usher Application
Download Usher Application
For questions contact
CTC's Audience Services Department
at 704-973-2832 or e-mail email@example.com
We use a secure online system called Volgistics to help manage volunteers. This system is a great resource for volunteers, too, and allows reminders and other communication to be sent to you automatically by e-mail. When you sign up, please make sure firstname.lastname@example.org is added to your save/approved sender list in order to receive these e-mails. For more information on how to do this, click here.
“Thank you for all you did to make us comfortable and welcomed. This was
a wonderful experience.”
-- Public Show Audience Member
“Great coordination of volunteer staff! They helped with completing our journals and always appreciated
-- Johnson & Wales student
- Do you enjoy working with children and the public?
- Would you like to contribute to an extraordinary cultural environment?
- Are you enthusiastic about the arts and award-winning live theatre?
- Would you like to earn FREE tickets to our productions?
If you answered yes, then our Volunteer Usher Program might be perfect for you!
Volunteer ushers are a vital part of the CTC family. Whether seating a classroom of kindergarteners about to enjoy their first live theatre performance or helping a family of six find seats together during opening night excitement, ushers ensure that CTC patrons enjoy the very best experience possible during their time with us.
Ushering is also a great community service opportunity for groups. Volunteers learn what goes into running a theatre while honing their interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills. We help keep track of volunteer hours, fill out any necessary paperwork, and help volunteers get the most out of their experience.
Ushers are needed for School Performances, which take place on weekday mornings, and Public Performances, which take place on Friday evenings and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Ushers should arrive 1 1/2 hours before show times and should expect to remain throughout the entire performance. Ushering is a 3-4 hour time commitment per performance.
- Dress in black and white attire, preferably a white collared shirt and black pants or a skirt
- Seat audience and distribute Playbills and Family Play Guides
- Assist audience members with special needs
- Assist audience to restrooms and crying rooms as needed during performance
- Understand evacuation procedures
- Ensure theatre is in order after performance
- Help to make Children’s Theatre of Charlotte a wonderful experience!
- Watching children and families experience the magic of live theatre!
- Enjoying the performance when not assisting patrons
- Supporting one of the top youth theatres in the country
- One complimentary ticket for every three ushering shifts!
Download the Usher Application, fill out and return to:
Audience Services -- Ushers
Children's Theatre of Charlotte
300 E. 7th St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
You may also fax the application to 704-973-2850, or e-mail it to: email@example.com
For questions about the application, contact CTC's Audience Services Department at 704-973-2832 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org