If you have any questions about any of our Community Involvement Programs, Please contact:
Community Involvement Director
Class and Summer Camp Scholarships
Children's Theatre of Charlotte offers full and partial scholarships to qualifying students for all Enrichment Classes and Summer Camps. Scholarship space is limited and fills on a first-come, first-served basis. Click on a program below to view the Scholarship Application.
How to apply for an Enrichment Class Scholarship
- Review the camp information and availability below to find the best camp for your child.
- Carefully read over the Scholarship Criteria and Conditions.
- Fill out a Scholarship Application. To be considered the entire application must be complete. You will be asked to provide your most recent tax return. It will be shredded immediately after review.
- If a scholarship is awarded to your child, you will receive a letter of acceptance via email from the Community Involvement Director.
- Send in the registration fee and partial scholarship fees before the deadline.
- Families will receive acceptance notifications approximately 7-10 business days after completing the application process.
Scholarship Criteria and Conditions
The following household size and income standards are used to determine eligibility.
|Total Household Size*
*Household includes all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.
Occasionally, extenuating circumstances may determine scholarship eligibility. If your circumstances do not match the income listed above, you may still be eligible. Indicate your circumstances on the application form or call the Community Involvement Director at 704-973-2836.
- Registration fee and partial scholarship fees must be paid by designated deadline provided on the award email or student will be removed from class.
- Scholarships are awarded based on need. There are a limited number of full and a limited number of partial scholarships.
- The entire application must be filled out and submitted before the deadline to be considered.
- Students must arrive on time for class. Excessive tardiness could affect future scholarship eligibility and may result in dismissal from class.
- Students must attend at least 80 percent of classes. If a student has 1 unexcused absence per weekly camp the child will be ineligible for scholarship for a one-year period. In case of emergency, call the Community Involvement Director as soon as possible.
- Inappropriate behavior in class could affect future scholarship eligibility and may result in dismissal from class.
- Students are eligible for only one scholarship per registration session. (i.e. Fall session, Winter session, Summer camp, School of Theatre Training)
- Scholarships do not carry over from session to session. An application is necessary for each class session. (Only one tax return required per year.)
- No faxed applications will be accepted.