OnStage – School of Theatre Training Performance Project
Students who participate in the School of Theatre Training are invited to register for OnStage, a unique performance opportunity. Students will rehearse a production Monday-Thursday for five weeks and will perform in the McColl Family Theatre or Wells Fargo Playhouse at ImaginOn May 17-19, 2013. Tuition is $125. 2013 OnStage productions are:
|The King and I
by Oscar Hammerstein
and Richard Rodgers
|Bye Bye Birdie
by Michael Stewart,
Charles Strouse and
|Anne of Green Gables
by Joseph Robinette
|Romeo & Juliet
by William Shakespeare
Note: OnStage is a performance project for students enrolled in the School of Theatre Training. Only current School of Theatre Training students may register for OnStage. Registration is now closed for 2013 OnStage productions.
OnStage Audition Documents
Students who participate in the School of Theatre Training are invited to audition for OnStage, a unique performance opportunity supported by Children’s Theatre’s professional technical staff and box office. Students will rehearse a play over a five-week rehearsal period and perform in the McColl Family Theatre or the Wells Fargo Playhouse at ImaginOn. Tuition $125.
- Student must be available for all rehearsals and performances.
If you have questions or concerns please contact the Customer Sales and Service Center (704-973-2838) before registering.
- Students must register for OnStage in advance.
- Students who received an Award of Excellence may pre-register beginning February 11, 2013.
- General registration for all levels begins February 18, 2013.
- Registrations will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
- Audition appointments will be scheduled online at the time of registration.
- All students who register and audition will be cast in a production.
- Auditions for OnStage will be held on March 18 and 19, 2013.
- All student must be available for mandatory callbacks will be held March 25, 6:00-8:00 pm.
- Before rehearsals begin, each cast will have a mandatory student/parent meeting to review expectations, answer any questions and distribute important documents including the cast list, scripts, rehearsal schedule and handbook. The mandatory parent and student meeting will occur Tuesday, April 9, 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Rehearsals will take place Mondays-Thursdays, April 15-May 16, 2013 from 5:00-9:00 pm plus Friday, May 10, 5:00-9:00 pm and Saturday, May 11, 9:00 am-6:00 pm. Students should bring homework and snacks for breaks or downtime.
- Performances will be held on May 17-19, 2013. All cast members should be available May 17, 5:00-9:00 pm, May 18, 1:00-9:00 pm, and May 19, 1:00-7:30 pm.
- Stage managers will communicate with parents via email on a regular basis. When registering, please use an email address that you check on a regular basis.
- Audition packets will be mailed to registered families early March.
Only students who participate in the 2012-2013 School of Theatre Training will be eligible to participate in OnStage!
Students must be registered and have an appointment scheduled in order to audition. Auditions will be held in the rehearsal rooms which are located on the second floor of ImaginOn. Each student should arrive and check in at least 15 minutes prior to their audition. Students must bring their completed audition form, which will be mailed prior to the audition. Students should wear clothing that is appropriate for movement; for safety reasons, footwear must be dance appropriate (flip-flops and sandals are not permitted). At the end of the audition, each student will visit the costume shop to be measured for costumes. During the audition parents may wait in the board room. Parents are not permitted to watch the auditions.
Level I Audition Requirements
Students currently in a Level I class will audition with a cold reading provided at the audition and will sing a short song selection taught to the students during the audition with the option to sing solo.
Level II-IV Audition Requirements
Students currently in Level II or above must prepare a memorized monologue from a play which does not exceed 45 seconds in length. Students Level II or above interested in participating in a musical must also prepare 16 bars of a song to be sung with a pianist and must provide the pianist with pre-marked sheet music. Level II, III, and IV students are required to bring a headshot and resume with them to auditions.