If you have any questions about any of our Community Involvement Programs, please contact:
Community Involvement Director
This program is supported by
The Purpose of our Community Involvement Program (CIP) is to nurture the creative and theatrical talents of children and families of diverse backgrounds by providing affordable educational drama experiences and outreach opportunities. Through this program, eligible families may receive scholarships for classes and summer camps and tickets to productions. We also partner with other service organizations to provide Outreach Classes in the community.
Children's Theatre offers full and partial scholarships for students to attend enrichment classes at Children's Theatre (in ImaginOn) and at satellite locations. Click here for more information.
The Community Involvement Program also offers scholarship tickets to MainStage productions and special events for groups and organizations that work with youth that are in crisis or receive public assistance. Scholarship tickets are distributed on a first come first serve basis. At this time, all Scholarship Tickets for our productions through December 2013 have been allocated. We will begin accepting Scholarship Ticket Applications for the second half of our 2013-14 season in January.
Terms and Conditions
- Tickets should only be used by the organization that requested them.
- If unable to attend, you must notify the CIP Director 5 days before the event.
- Once approved, tickets can be picked up only after signing the Scholarship Ticket Letter of Agreement.
- Arrive 30 minutes early to ensure entire party will be seated together.
- Since some performances are not suitable for younger audiences, we ask you bring only children of the recommended ages. NO CHILDREN UNDER 3 YEARS OLD, PLEASE.
How to apply for Scholarship Tickets
- When more Scholarship Tickets are released, a link to our online application will be available from this page.
- Upon approval you will receive notification that you have been awarded tickets.
- You must come to Children's Theatre to pick up your tickets from the CIP Director.
The Community Involvement Program offers classes to organizations and groups that work with students who are in crisis or receive public assistance. Classes are tailored to best suit the needs of each site. The Classes are designed to help nurture the artistic and theatrical talents of children and to help children become more self-confident and develop better life skills.
Criteria for Outreach Sites
- Enthusiasm and commitment of youth director/coordinator
- Adequate programming space (large open space, no interruptions, secure)
- Core group of students that meet on a regular basis
- Parental/volunteer involvement
If you are interested in having outreach classes at your site,
click the link to our 2013-14 Community Involvement Outreach Application.